Happy Thanksgiving to our friends and families in the U.S.!
If you’re fortunate on this holiday, you’ll get to spend some time with your family. So let’s see… You’ll definitely talk about the yummy food. And you might have a chat about the nasty weather. But will you be talking about your family – past, present, and future?
Don’t waste an important opportunity. ASK QUESTIONS! Here are some questions to get the oral history party started:
- Who influenced you the most when you were growing up?
- What lesson(s) did your parents teach you that still stand out to be true?
- Where did you go to elementary school?
- When were you (if ever) drawn to a social movement?
- Why did you/your family choose to live in [name the city/town]?
- How will your descendants remember you in 100 years?
And maybe some people have enough memories to answer for their parents and grandparents!
But don’t let me have all the fun. What questions will you be asking during the holidays?